The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA), Thailand along with Kasetsart University (KU), Thailand is jointly organizing the second conference of “Asian Solanaceous Round Table (ASRT) 2017” from 23rd to 25th February, 2017 at the Ruangkaw Room, Vajiranusorn Building, the Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Please be informed that the deadline to register for this event is 31 January 2017.
Two years ago (2014) a platform was created called the Asian Solanaceous Round Table (ASRT) for scientists from both public and private sectors to work on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode towards finding solutions for the farmers’ problems in the Asian region, focusing on the solanaceous family of vegetables, primarily tomato, pepper and eggplant.
Nearly 300 scientists including plant breeders, plant protection specialists and seed industry experts, as well as many students, gathered in Bangalore (India) in September 2014 to deliberate on research-gaps and improvement of these important vegetable crops. They focused on reducing the incidence of diseases and pests and improving the crop productivity and profitability.
The full program, complete with agenda and speakers details, can be downloaded here (pdf).
The ASRT 1 was jointly organized by APSA and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) and The Society for Promotion of Horticulture (SPH) were the co-organizers.
The Second edition of this important event, Asian Solanaceous Round Table 2017 (ASRT 2) is being convened 23-25 February, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand in co-operation with Kasetsart University. APSA will be organizing the ASRT 2, operating under the direction of a steering committee of its association members. ASRT 2 will focus its deliberations on the theme ‘Challenges and Future Trends in Solanaceous Crops R&D in Asia’.
APSA has blocked rooms at the Rama Gardens Hotel and the special rate offered to ASRT II delegates are as follows:
- Single with breakfast for 1 THB 2,400.00 nett per room per night
- Double / Twin with breakfast for 2 THB 2,800.00 nett per room per night
Executive Deluxe Room
- Single with breakfast for 1 THB 3,500.00 nett per room per night
- Double / Twin with breakfast for 2 THB 3,900.00 nett per room per night
- Complimentary WiFi is included in room rate
- Payment is to be made directly to the hotel
- Hotel booking form will be sent to you directly
- Shuttle bus service will be provided from the hotel to KU and vice vera (schedule to be advised)